Mittwoch, 30. April 2008

Paying the phone bill

Some things are way more complicated as in other countries. For example paying the phone bill.

I have now my bank account for some time and already registered for ePaying of the bills. However so far the bills do not show up there and I cannot pay via the bank account. So I decided to just go to their office and pay it directly. Arriving at the office they told me that it is only possible to pay bills below 1000Rs (25$) by cash. For bigger amounts you need to pay by check. So I went back home just to get told that the repair of the geysers will take another month, since there are none available. Well, already in a bad mood I went to work and tried to deposit the money for our phone bill, which turned out to be not that easy. With every deposit you can deposit a maximum of 10 bills in the ATM. Having more than 60 bills (the phone bill included internet for the whole year) that turned out to be a problem. Not only because it was cumbersome, no, because there were only 3 deposit slips available. So I decided to go to the main branch and deposit the money there, which worked out fine after I had to fill out another deposit slip and making a copy using manifold paper... A lot of stamps later I finally had deposit my amount.

So on monday I'll have to write a check and get to the phone office again...

Keine Kommentare: