Mittwoch, 9. April 2008

Vacation - Andaman Islands

A long weekend was coming up and so I decided two take two additional days and make a short vacation. Definitely I wanted to go diving again and the first choice was Goa, due to the short time of only five days.

Looking at availability and prices @ Goa I decided that there must be other places. A little bit of googling showed me that there are nice dive sides at the Andaman Islands (DiveIndia.com) and that accomodation can be quite cheap (500RS / 12$) per day. So I called and confirmed my booking and finally arrived there. The accomodation is very basic (see pictures) but everything was very clean and well maintained. I definitely can recommend them.

Thinking of getting a little bit more serious about diving I decided to make my Advanced Open Water Diver.

During the first day I made 2 fun dives to get used to the water again and in the evening a night dive.

The night dive was definitely the most amazing dive I ever did. In addition to seeing different behavior with the fishes it was just interesting to dive in darkness. Close to the end of our dive we turned our lights off and all around us were fluorescent algae. You were hovering in the water in complete darkness and all around you were this shiny colorful dots....

Once we surfaced we relaxed and looked up in the night sky, filled with million of stars while floating on the surface of the ocean...amazing!

[20080409] Andaman Islands

Keine Kommentare: